Board Certified Nephrologist and Transplant Care Specialist seeking new opportunities in the Seattle or Portland area. US Citizen and avialble now.
Temporary hemodialysis vascular access
Practicing Nephrologist (Board Certified) & Transplant Care Specialist
US Southern State
11/2000 to date
- Solo private practitioner. Special interest in ICU nephrology.
- Managing critical patients on CRRT since 2001. Established first Continuous Dialysis Program in the region.
- Responsible for handling hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients.
- Providing primary care and Intensive care for transplant patients.
- Anemia management, and management of bone and parathyroid diseases.
- Consultant physician for Nephrolithiasis, Malignant HTN, Glomerulonephritides, and Complex Electrolyte disorders.
- Active in Hemodialysis Access team, Pioneer in starting and managing Home dialysis and Nocturnal dialysis program in the region. Started and expanded PD program.
- Established 2 new CKD & HD clinics in rural southern areas.
- Dialysis Units claimed multiple excellence awards based on outcomes parameters including but not limited to low mortality as well quality indicators.
- Successfully maintained CKD 4 and CKD 5 patients without HD or PD for many years way beyond the usual expectations thus saving annual cost.
- Chief of Infectious disease committee (10/2009 – 10/2010)
- Chief of Medicine. (10/2004 – 10/2005)
- Served on hospital by-laws committee (10/2004 – 10/2007)
- Member of Education committee (2001 – 2005)
- Chief of Education committee (2005 – 2010)
- Conducted a series of lectures for education of primary care physicians and practitioners to improve early referrals and thus improving overall CKD care in the rural areas of the state.
Currently involved in monthly CME presentations in local hospitals related to ICU Nephrology and outpatient complex medical problems.
Major Southern University
Fellow of Transplant Nephrology
July 1999 – July 2000
- Management and follow-up of patients with kidney and/or pancreas, liver transplant.
- Pre-transplant recipient evaluations and living donor evaluations.
- Involvement in primary decision-making in all aspects of clinical care, including immunosuppression.
- Managing acute and chronic transplant rejections.
Transplant related infectious diseases and malignancies
Major University Hospital
Fellow of Nephrology
July 1997 – Jun 1999
Training in clinical nephrology, hypertension, transplantation and clinical research.
Major University Hospital
Resident, Internal Medicine
June 1994 – June 1997
Agha Khan University Hospital,
Research Assistant, Oncology
March 94 – June 94.
Sheikh Zayed Hospital, Postgraduate Medical Institute,
Junior Assistant Registrar, Internal Medicine.
Jul 1993 – Mar 1994.
Mississippi State licence 03/2000 (Active).
Missouri State License 1997.
Diplomate American Board of Nephrology 2000 recertified 12/2010
Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine 1997 eligible 2007
Member American Society of Nephrology (ASN) 1/2011
ECFMG certified since 1992
FMGEMS I 1992
FMGEMS II 1992
USMLE I 1995
USMLE II 1995
USMLE III 1997
Awards and Honors
Available upon request
Published Physician Resume by Medical Search Group